This week’s teaser comes from the book Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. The book was published in 1996 and I’m ashamed to admit I never read it until now. If you’ve followed this blog, you’ll know that for years I spent most of my time working and rarely allowed myself to read anything other than “business” books. I was such a masochist back then. As a result, I’ve had a lot of catching up to do and hadn’t gotten to this one yet.
“Until that moment, she had never thought she could do it. Never thought she would be brave enough, or scared enough, or desperate enough to dare. But she reached up one hand to his chest, and she opened….”
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
- Teaser Tuesdays – Neverwhere (nishitak.com)
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (thewordsmithsreview.wordpress.com)
- #3 “Neverwhere” by Neil Gaiman (infernalimagination.wordpress.com)
- [Download|Radio Play] Neverwhere – Neil Gaiman (eminenurkilic.wordpress.com)